Everyone who intends to study at SAMS has to show that they are eligible to enrol. To be eligible you must hold a recognised entrance qualification.
1. The Candidate who meet the admission requirements can apply for this course.
2. The candidate should submit the application form along with the following documents :
a. Attested copy of the proof of date of birth.
b. attested copy of the 10 / 12 / Diploma / degree mark Sheets.
c. Attested copies of the Engineering Diploma / degree certificates & all mark sheets(For Marine Engineering Courses only).
d. Latest passport size color photo graphs with shirt without tie 20 Nos. and Stamp size 4 Nos.
E. Attested copy of the Passport (If Available).
F. Medical fitness certificate from the approved Medical Practitioner.
g. Sight test certificate without color blindness from the approved Medical Practitioner.
h. Registration amount of Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand only) by Demand Draft in favour of "southern Academy of Maritime Studies Pvt. Ltd", payable at Chennai.
3. The application should reach us well before the commencement of the course by Courier / registration post / in Person. delayed application forms will be considered with the wait listed candidates.
4. After scrutinzing the application from s and copies of certificates, the SAMS selection board will send the SELECTION NOTICE to the candidates.
5. Selected candidates will be required to report at the academy on the date mentioned in the selection notice with all their original certificates for submission and luggage / baggage for entrance examination & Interview.
6. The selected candidates have to undergo a strict medical / eyesight examination (as per MS Rules 1986) conforming to Merchant Navy Standards by the doctors approved by D.G. Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Govt. of India.
7. Admission will be confirmed only when the candidate is medically fit for Training.
8. On Successful completion of the medical examination, the selected candidates must take admission by paying the COURSE FEES. Otherwise the seat will be allotted to the wait listed candidates.
9. The SAMS selection board has the right to reject the application at stage without any reason.