Overseas student’s admission

Guidelines for Admissions of International Students (Foreign/Non Resident Indians - NRI)

As per guidelines International students will include the following:

Overseas students:
Students holding passports issued by foreign countries and people of Indian Origin who have acquired the nationality of foreign countries are included as international students.
Non Resident Indians(NRI):
Only those Non Resident Indian Students who have studied and passed the qualifying examinations from schools or colleges in foreign countries will be included as international students. This will include the students studying in the schools or colleges situated in foreign countries even if affiliated to Boards of Secondary Education or universities located in India, but will not include students studying in those schools or colleges (situated in India) and affiliated to the Boards of Secondary Education or Universities of the foreign countries. Students passing the qualifying examinations from Boards or Universities located in foreign countries as external students and dependants of NRI studying in India will not be included as International students.

Documents required for admission of International Students

All international students will require a ‘Student VISA’ endorsed on the passport for joining full time courses. No other endorsement is acceptable. The visa should be valid for the prescribed duration of the course. A visa is not required for NRI students. Students who are doing full time courses, in some other institution do not require a separate visa for joining ‘Part Time courses’ provided that their current visa is valid for the entire duration of the course.
Eligibility :
The qualifications required for eligibility for admission to different Courses can be checked in detail from the prospectus. Only those Students who have qualified from foreign universities or Boards of Higher Education recognized as equivalent by the ‘Association of Indian Universities’ (AIU) are eligible for admission. When required, a reference will be made to AIU to check the equivalence. In case the University /Board is not included in the list, the candidate has to obtain and submit a certificate to this effect from AIU by paying the requisite fee. .


The following foreign examination have been recognized by AIU , as amended from time to time as equivalent to +2 stage qualification of an Indian Board giving access to the Bachelor Degree programme at Indian Universities, including Professional Courses.
  • 12 years Baccalaureate Certificate of Afghanistan, France, Iraq and Tunisia.
  • 12 years General Secondary Education Certificate of the Ministry of Education – Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and other Gulf countries.
  • GCE/IGCSE examinations of the approved British Examining Bodies in UK, Singapore, Hong Kong and Mauritius with passes in 5 subjects at ‘Ordinary Level’ and 2 subjects at ‘Advanced Level’. For admission to professional courses- medical / engineering Advanced Level Passes in Physical, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English are essential besides 5 (five) passes at GCE ‘Ordinary Level’.
  • High School Diploma from accredited School of USA.
  • Intermediate/Senior Secondary / Higher Secondary of the approved Boards in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal.
  • 12 years Secondary stage qualification of National Examination Board / Council in of the Ministry of Education – Kenya, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda and Tanzania.
  • 12 years secondary stage Examination conducted by various provinces in Australia and Canada.
  • GCE ‘Ordinary and Advanced’ level examination of the Department of Examination, Govt. of Sri Lanka.
  • 12- year STPM examination of Malaysia
  • 12- year Secondary Stage qualification of Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Socialist Republic of Vietnam and Yemen Arab Republic.
  • ‘Abitur’ of Germany.
  • 12- year High School Diploma awarded by the accredited American School / International Schools in other countries following American pattern of education.


In order to avoid any difficulty at a later stage, every student who has studied in a system other than CBSE/ICSE or any Stage Board in India is advised to obtain an equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi. This is to be produced before the admission.
Admission of International students:
Admission of all the International students will be done through the ‘International Students Division (ISD)’ of IMA. Students will generally be admitted in the beginning of the course. However, students can also be admitted as transfer cases in the middle of the course from other institutes with which there is an understanding for accepting the students as transfer cases. All admissions are strictly on merit and selection made by entrance examination.
Download the Application Form, fill up and mail/courierto us. The address, telephone number and email id are given below. You will have to pay a fee of USD 50/- for the Application.
Attach the following documents along with Application form :
ertified (English translated) copy of the marks/ grade sheet of the qualifyingexamination (if available) or the predicted marks/grades of the qualifying examination. Certified copy of the grade equivalence to marks by the respective boards/schools. Copy of the passport (Personal details page). Latest Passport size colour photograph in addition to one affixed on the application.

The following documents in original are to be submitted at the time of registration:

  • Degree or Pass certificate of the qualifying examination.
  • Grade/ mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
  • Translated versions of all documents, if they are not in English.
  • Passport with a valid student visa.
  • Equivalence and eligibility certificate from Association of Indian Universities wherever applicable.
  • Migration Certificate (If applicable).
  • Recent Passport-size photographs - 15 Nos.

Swarnalakshmi. S

GM, Overseas Admission 108, East Madha Church Street, Royapuram, Chennai – 600 013 overseas@samsindia.com skypee: Overseas.sams

Foreign students will get their country CDC/ LIBERIAN& PANAMA